The Right Turn: Results Driven Education
Early Childhood Enrichment (ECE) System - Region 2
• Through a partnership with the Department of Social Services/Child Care services, The Right Turn works to enhance the quality of child care in south central SD.
•We provide training and technical assistance to enhance caregiver knowledge and skills in order to provide quality care.
•ECE staff strive to enrich the development, safety and health of young children by educating and supporting child care providers and families on the needs of young children.
Adult Education & Literacy
• Students work at their own pace with individual and small group instruction
• Individual study plans are created for each student
• Classes help prepare students to pass the four GED® subtests, advance in their job, or enter college or technical school
• Includes coaching and mentoring to improve social, financial, job readiness, and other important life skills
• Free for eligible individuals age 18 and up
English Language Learning (ELL)
• Students work at their own pace with individual and group instruction
• Family Financial Literacy Sessions
• Free for eligible students age 18 and up who are not currently in school
• Citizenship classes available upon request
• Best+ and Best Literacy testing
American Red Cross CPR and more
• Participants work in a group with a certified instructor
• Classes are held monthly, may be arranged off-site and are available upon request
• Babysitting clinics as scheduled
• Basic Life Support (BLS) classes for Healthcare Providers
• Please call for blended learning options, current rates and schedule
• Participants learn at their own pace with individual and small group instruction
• Participants customize their online training with Teknimedia
Homeschool Support and Tutoring Services
• Tutoring - We provide customized instructional support for all ages, including youth, seniors, college students, and homeschoolers. Please contact us for pricing and details.
Barton Reading and Spelling Program
• Barton - A tutoring system for children or adults who struggle with spelling, reading, and writing due to dyslexia or a learning disability.
• We are an authorized PearsonVUE Testing Center
• Visit www.GED.com to register for testing
• Fees: $154 for the complete series of 4 tests
• Department of Labor and Regulation supports testing
• Examinees must bring valid picture ID on day of testing
• Individual test proctoring
• Authorized PearsonVUE, PAN, Prometric, & NOCTI testing facility
Ask about free child safety seats for qualifying participants and Dolly Parton's Imagination Library!
The Child Safety Seat Distribution Program focuses on keeping children safe by providing child safety seats at no cost to families that meet income eligibility requirements to ensure that they are in the best child seat for their height and weight
• Free professional clothing for job interviews and new employment
• Supported by volunteers and the Zonta Club of Pierre/Fort Pierre
• Donations of business attire welcome!
Bring Your 'A' Game to Work
Want to stand out from the crowd, earn respect, and thrive at work?
Bring Your ‘A’ Game involves engaging curriculum for building seven foundational workplace skills of work ethics.
Learn about the top seven soft skills employers desire: Attitude, Attendance, Appearance, Ambition, Accountability, Acceptance, and Appreciation.
Babysitting Clinics are offered using Capital Area United Way funds.